At Casa da Avó Genoveva we are taking all precautions to keep our facilities clean and safe. Your well-being and ours, the health and safety of all our guests and employees are our first priority.
Casa da Avó Genoveva’s staff has specific training and guidance on Covid 19. Cleaning and hygiene measures have been reinforced in all areas of our House and a protocol of action has been adopted. If you are considering canceling your reservation due to the pandemic, please contact us. You can count on our understanding and flexibility.
Remember that Casa da Avó Genoveva:
- It is a small tourist unit, in the sense that it has few spaces for rent (3 bedrooms and 3 apartments).
- It has different and spacious gardens and patios, where we can all comply with the rules of social distance. This also applies for the swimming pool area.
- It is located in a rural area.
- It is of exclusive access for guests.
- 2 of our apartments have direct access to the outside.
- Breakfast service is provided safely.
Casa da Avó Genovevas has the certification “Clean and Safe” from the Portuguese Authority of Tourism. It certifies the adoption of the precautionary measures and guidelines suggested by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Portuguese General Directorate for Health (DGS).
- We give guests the telephone number of the owner of the House, so that they can contact her whenever necessary.
2. ACCESS TO CASA DA AVÓ GENOVEVA
- Access to Casa da Avó Genoveva is exclusive for guests (visitors or passers-by are not allowed).
- Access to the recreational areas of Casa da Avó Genoveva (Library and Reading Room), in the main building, will be arranged in advance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at different points of access to the House and accommodation units.
- Guests who have Personal Protective Equipment, such as a mask, should bring it with them to avoid waste.
- The air conditioners have been cleaned.
- Check-in and check-out, for stays in rooms, will take place at the reception of Casa da Avó Genoveva, in the main building.
- Casa da Avó Genoveva’s team will be properly protected, using their personal protective equipment.
- We reinforced the cleaning and disinfection procedures for all accommodation units.
4. CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
- Reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection measures, throughout the day, of the materials and equipment existing in the accommodation units and in the common spaces, with special attention in those points of high contact (door handles, chairs, etc.).
- Use of disinfectant products with proven effectiveness in eliminating the virus.
- Regular ventilation of all accommodation units and common spaces.
- Elimination of elements of high contact and difficult to disinfect from the accommodation units and common spaces.
- Reinforced care in handling and washing textiles, namely sheets and towels.
- Cleaning service team properly protected with specific personal protective equipment (mask, gloves and apron).
- Hand sanitizer is available at service points.
5. BREAKFAST SERVICE
Guests who have hired this option have:
- Breakfast area exclusively for guests (unauthorized visitors / passers-by).
- Reduction in the capacity of the breakfast area to guarantee the safety distance.
- Previous arrangement of breakfast times with guests.
- Provision of breakfast service directly in the Apartments when necessary.
6. EXPERIENCES / ACTIVITIES
- Disinfection of bicycles after each use.
- Disinfection of equipment in the pool area.
- Disinfection and ventilation of recreational areas.
- Access to the recreational areas of Casa da Avó Genoveva (Library and Reading Room), in the main building, will be arranged with guests in advance.
7. SUPPORT FOR SUSPECTED CASES COVID-19
- Our entire team is able to support our guests in case of emergency or suspicion.
8. CASA DA AVÓ GENOVEVA’S TEAM
- Employees have training and appropriate information on the situation of Covid 19 and how to proceed.
- Employees have an individual Safety Kit, and its use is mandatory during all working hours.
- The areas of exclusive access to the team are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Events are temporally suspended.